Find out how to locate a land or property owner for potential business premises.

Assets and Estates update
Due to the current circumstances concerning coronavirus, the Assets and Estates Teams are unable to take on any further minor land sale enquiries with effect from the 6 April 2020. This position has been reviewed and from 21 September 2020 the suspension will be extended for an additional period of 18 weeks. This will be reviewed again on 25 January 2021 and an update provided at this point The Council will continue with any current sales and enquiries received before the cut-off-date in line with normal processes.

Council land and property

An overview of the Council’s property and land assets is contained in the Asset Register as listed in the downloads section.

To enquire about a parcel of council-owned land or building, please contact:


Write to:

Assets and Estates
Corporate Landlord
Civic Centre
City of Wolverhampton Council
St Peter's Square

Can I find out whether I own land next to my property?

Yes. Provided the location of the land can be accurately described, we can help. We need to know the boundaries of the land in question and if possible the full postal address.

Boundaries are often difficult to describe precisely over the telephone without looking together at a detailed map (which can be arranged for personal visitors). We should be able to tell from a telephone enquiry whether we own land nearby, but for a more precise answer, a plan showing the exact boundaries of the land can be submitted by fax or post.

Is there a charge for this information?

Not at present. However, dependent upon the future demand for this service, we may consider introducing a charge to offset the administrative costs.

Private land and property

What if I want to know who owns the private property?

To find out about private property, contact the Land Registry to obtain the relevant enquiry form. A small fee is charged for the service.

The Land Registry will be unable to assist you if it turns out that the land concerned is unregistered.

Alternatively, if the land is subject to development proposals, our planning department can provide information on recent planning applications received.