If you are awarded housing benefit or council tax support, here is how it will be paid to you.

Council Tax Support

If Council Tax Support is awarded to you it will be paid directly to your Council Tax account and you will receive a revised bill showing the reduction and the revised Council Tax charge.

Private Tenants

If you are a Private Tenant your Housing Benefit will be paid to you by BACS as this is the safest and quickest method to receive payment.

You will need a suitable bank account to receive your Housing Benefit. We are unable to pay your Housing Benefit directly to your landlord unless you have special circumstances, which prevent you from managing your financial affairs.

If you consider that you are unable to manage your financial affairs please read the information on direct payments to landlords or 'safeguarding'. You can also contact us for advice.

You will be asked to provide proof of your circumstances.

Wolverhampton Homes Tenants

If you are a tenant of Wolverhampton Homes your Housing Benefit will be paid directly to Wolverhampton Homes

Housing Association Tenants

If you rent your home from a Housing Association you may request that your Housing Benefit is paid directly to your landlord or you may choose to receive payment yourself by BACS.