Search site

I want to challenge my parking fine - who do I contact?

You can challenge your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) online, you can do so with an Informal Challenge or Formal Representation.

Please note: You cannot challenge a PCN verbally. All challenges have to be made in writing, either online, or following the instructions set out on the PCN.

Informal Challenge

An informal challenge can be made within 28 days of the issue date of the PCN and prior to the Notice to Owner (NtO) being served.

If an informal challenge is made within 14 days of the date that the PCN was served and your challenge is rejected, the 50% discount on the cost of the PCN will be extended for a further 14 days.

Formal Representation

If you have not made an informal challenge, or your challenge was rejected, a Notice to Owner (NtO) will be sent to the vehicles owner/keeper 28 days after the PCN is issued.

At this point, if you believe the PCN has been incorrectly served, you may choose to make a 'Formal Representation' . The NtO will provide you with a web code which is required to enable you to make a formal representation online and, if applicable, view the photographic evidence taken at the time of contravention.

What do I need?

  • Notice Number
  • Vehicle registration
  • Web Code (formal representation form only)
How well did this answer your question? Rate this page by clicking on the stars