Search site

Outdoor events

If you are planning an outdoor event, we recommend you notify the council.

If you're planning an event, whether it's a street party, fun day, concert of drive, we recommend that you complete the Event Organisers Questionnaire . This allows the council which is part of a Safety Advisory Group (SAG) to help communities organise public events safely.

Do I have to give notice?

It isn't a legal requirement. However, if you don't notify SAG, we will not support your event.

How do I book a park or green space?

If you want to hold an event on a park or green space owned by the Council, you will need to obtain permission and pay a fee. You can do this by following the instructions on the Parks webpage, which is available by clicking here.

How much notice is required?

For the council to offer support, you need to give at least 3 months notice. For events attracting over 1000 people, 6 months notice is required.

You will need to submit an word icon Event Organisers Questionnaire [90kb]

Submit the form to


There are no fees for submitting an event questionnaire to the Safety Advisory Group, nor for the advice and recommendations provided.