Search site

Claims for compensation

We're committed to giving you the best service we can but sometimes circumstances arise which prevent this from happening.

In certain cases persons might suffer a financial loss and/or personal injury for which compensation may be payable.

The council only makes payments of compensation when it is proven the council is under a legal liability to do so.

Who can I make a claim against? 

  • Wolverhampton Homes - relating to claims arising on Wolverhampton Homes managed property
  • Wolverhampton City Council - relating to any service provided by the council including non-academy schools, parks, markets and leisure centres

This includes claims being made by employees against Wolverhampton City Council or Wolverhampton Homes.

How do I make a claim myself? 

Make a claim online
Make a claim online

Alternatively, you can make a claim in writing by downloading and completing the relevant form below.

Claims Notification Forms

pdf icon Claim against Wolverhampton Homes [46kb]
pdf icon Claim against Wolverhampton City Council [53kb]

All Claims Notification Forms need to go to:

Risk Management and Insurance Services, Delivery
Wolverhampton City Council
Civic Centre
St Peter's Square

Please note: You are reminded of your right to seek independent legal advice regarding any claim for compensation. You should familiarise yourself regarding the legal costs you will be liable for.

Note to claimant legal representatives

Wolverhampton City Council and Wolverhampton Homes are registered on the Claims Portal and claims can be submitted directly by selecting the relevant defendant/compensator.
Any Claims Notification Forms to be posted prior to submission through the portal for dealing with low value personal injury claims should also be posted to the above address. Do not post Claims Notification Forms to any other address.