Search site

Council Tax liability appeals

You are entitled to appeal if you disagree with a decision made by the council as to whether you are liable for Council Tax and how much you are liable to pay.

You can appeal if:

How to appeal

You must submit your appeal in writing to the . You must state the grounds of your appeal and send in any supporting evidence/documents.

Valuation Tribunal appeals

If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, or you have not received a reply to your appeal within 2 months, you can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal. Appeals for Wolverhampton are handled by:

The Valuation Tribunal Service
Hepworth House
2 Trafford Court

Telephone: 01302 342324

You must continue to pay your Council Tax whilst your appeal is pending, otherwise recovery action will continue and you may receive a summons.