Search site

Rubbish Tips (Household Waste Recycling Centres)

Find a Household Waste Recycling Centre including opening times and what you can take.

In a car?

What you can take to the tip

If you are a resident of Wolverhampton and plan to visit the tip in a car, you can access the site at any time, there's no need to book and you can dispose of the following list of items at the tip free of charge:

  • car batteries, gas bottles, household batteries and electrical items
  • energy saving light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
  • garden waste, rubble and soils
  • fridges, freezers and furniture
  • scrap metal, timber, chipboard and plasterboard
  • bulky plastic items, textiles and glass
  • used cooking oil, tyres and engine oil

Please note, you can only pdf icon recycle certain types of plastics [402kb] at the tips. 

If you are planning to visit the rubbish tip in a van, larger vehicle or with a trailer you will need to obtain a Tip Permit and book a time slot.

Opening hours

SiteLocationOpening times from 23rd May 2016

Anchor Lane

WV14 9NE

Location map

  • Monday: 10am to 4pm
  • Tuesday: Closed
  • Wednesday: Closed
  • Thursday: 10am to 7pm
  • Friday: 10am to 4pm
  • Saturday: 8am to 4pm
  • Sunday: 8am to 4pm
Shaw RoadBushbury
WV10 9LA

Location map
  • Monday: 10am to 4pm
  • Tuesday: 10am to 4pm
  • Wednesday: 10am to 7pm
  • Thursday: Closed
  • Friday: Closed
  • Saturday: 8am to 4pm
  • Sunday: 8am to 4pm

Both sites are open on bank holidays except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

These sites are operated by Wolverhampton City Council for residents of Wolverhampton and North Dudley only

You may be asked for ID showing your postcode (e.g. Driving Licence, recent Council Tax bill)


To help with traffic congestion at and around the site it would be appreciated if users would separate their waste into the suitable categories prior to visiting the site.

Getting rid of unwanted paint

You can recycle unwanted paint by visiting a local Community Re-Paint scheme. Please note, this is not a council scheme. You can find out more by visiting

Going to the rubbish tip in a van, larger vehicle or with a trailer

Apply Online for Tip Permits NEW
Apply Online for Tip Permits
You'll need to apply for a permit if you want to take your waste in a:

  • van
  • car with a trailer
  • pick-up truck
  • commercial type vehicle

Large Land Rovers, ex-army type vehicles, camper vans and motor homes are not accepted on the permit scheme.

Getting rid of unwanted usable paint?

If your paint tin is more than half full has a fully intact tin with lid and in date.

Contact Eastfield Community Site

Eastfield Community Site
Colliery Road
West Midlands

01902 558603 - paint recycling queries only

Commercial waste

We do not accept any commercial or business waste. See commercial waste for further information.