Household Waste Recycling Centres - rubbish tip
Household Waste Recycling Centres (rubbish tip)
Find a Household Waste Recycling Centre including opening times and what you can take.
|Site||Location||Opening times (all year round)|
Both sites are open on bank holidays except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
What can I take to the tip?
If you are a resident of Wolverhampton, you can dispose of the following list of items at the tip free of charge:
- car batteries, gas bottles, household batteries and electrical items
- energy saving light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
- garden waste, rubble and soils
- fridges, freezers and furniture
- scrap metal, timber, chipboard and plasterboard
- bulky plastic items, textiles and glass
- used cooking oil, tyres and engine oil
Getting rid of unwanted paint
You can recycle unwanted paint by visiting a local Community Re-Paint scheme located at:
Eastfield Community Site
Going to the rubbish tip in a van, larger vehicle or with a trailer
You'll need to apply for a permit if you want to take your waste in a:
- car with a trailer
- pick-up truck
- commercial type vehicle
Large Land Rovers, ex-army type vehicles, camper vans and motor homes are not accepted on the permit scheme.
We do not accept any commercial or business waste.
See commercial waste for further information.