Blue Badge Scheme
Blue Badge Scheme
The Blue Badge scheme provides a range of parking concessions for disabled people who have difficulty using public transport.
Disabled persons displaying a Blue Badge may park free of charge and without time limit at pay and display on-street parking locations unless otherwise stated by signage.
There are also a number of designated disabled parking bays within the city centre. Parking within these bays is restricted to a maximum stay of 3 hours. The Blue Badge must be displayed along with the blue parking disc showing the time of arrival.
There are currently no concessions for Blue Badge holders on council owned car parks.
Who is eligible for a Blue Badge?
You are eligible if:
- you receive the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance or the Mobility Component at the enhanced rate of Personal Independence Payment
- you are registered blind (severely sight impaired), or if you wish to be registered blind and have a Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI) signed by a Consultant Ophthalmologist which states that they are severely sight impaired (blind)
- you receive the War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- you receive the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme within tariff levels 1-8 (inclusive)
- you have a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
- you are a driver who has a severe disability in both arms and is unable to operate, or has considerable difficulty operating, all or some types of on-street parking equipment
- the applicant is a child under the age of 3 who must be accompanied by bulky medical equipment or who needs to be kept near a vehicle at all times, either for treatment, or for transportation to a location where treatment can be performed
Apply for a Blue Badge
You can apply to the city council for a Blue Badge if you are:
- a resident in Wolverhampton
- over two years old
- an organisation which is concerned with the care of disabled people and need to transport those people in your care
To apply for a Blue Badge, download, complete and return the application form that is relevant to you.
If your application is successful a £10 payment will be required.
Alternatively, you can apply by calling 01902 551155.
Did you know you can pay for your Blue Badge online? If you have received a phone call or letter from the council requesting payment for your Blue Badge you can make your payment by following the link below.